Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Christmas Card 2020 - In the works

What a year so far! Have you heard anybody say that this has been their favorite year ever?                      Me neither! But most would agree that it's been a memorable one, all the same! 

It's because of all the craziness this year that I started working on my card back in September, hoping to get a jump on things. I love everything about Christmas and want to savor it all. This years card was a very 2020 design, with everyone wearing masks of course, and running around a Christmas tree lot - there was plenty of action and lots of fun, and even some hidden windows.

Well, it was almost finished, but for some reason I just couldn't get my heart into it, (not uncommon to me I'm afraid) although I kept plugging away. I finally just scrapped the whole thing, and pulled out some ideas of a card from a few years back that didn't suit me then, but do now. (See the first drafts from last year's post https://elisesartgarden.blogspot.com/2019/11/a-few-projects-ive-been-working-on.html

It's going to be another folded one, with the kids enjoying our Nativity - the big one from my parents that we set up on top of the piano. I'm planning a few hidden windows also. Anyway, we'll see how it goes!

Below are some rough sketches, but you get the idea. I've always loved putting my kids in illustrations, especially when they haven't a clue it's them! They always recognize Lily though - find her on the Friend Junior February 2019 cover, http://elisesartgarden.blogspot.com/2019/02/february-friend-jr-cover.html

Here's Moroni and his beloved, Lil

Em and her little Jeff.


Lel's Tintin.


And even our Oliver who's been gone a long while.


1 comment:

Patti said...

Huzzah! I can hardly wait. :D