Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2019 Christmas Card

Despite my best efforts I was late getting my cards finished (as is witnessed in this post!) In fact, I completely changed the design about a week before Christmas! 
No matter how hard I try or how early I begin, it seems Christmas sails by in a rush, and I don't like it!! 
While sharing these feelings and frustrations with a friend, we came to the conclusion that we need to begin thinking about Christmas much earlier. September isn't even early enough, or even July. 
This year, I'm hoping to completely change the past feelings of "getting it all done," to enjoyment and anticipation of Christmas and Easter and other wonderful celebrations. The plan is to do a little something each month in preparation. That's doable! Life is too short, and it feels as if time is racing me along! I want to enjoy it all! 
Happy New Year 2020, with enough challenges to keep us growing, and blessings in abundance is my wish for one and all!




*note - I added our wee Lily this year, bottom left. We said goodbye to her in September, and are still missing her.

3 comments:

Jac said...

Ohhhhh, what a dear remembrance of a dear doggie. Thank you for sharing with us. Happy New Year, my friend! Jac

Patti said...

Yes, that is very sweet. I love my nativity bookshelf. Putting out your cards is one of my favorite parts of getting ready for Christmas. Wishing you a blessed and happy 2020!

Sideline Mama said...

I love your nativity. It reminds me of just how much I love your artistic style. It also reminds me of when you and I put on the live nativity with our own babes back in 1988 and Mary's water broke all over the donkey on the way to Bethlehem...Aka...(Little Nellie wet her pants on the donkey!) Great memory even now. I tell my own grand babies about you and how, as a child, you practiced drawing before playing, and encourage them to follow you. Lots of little Elise's in this family now! Would love for the little artists to meet you soon, Anita